
Last year's t-shirt was a design that's been floating around the college for a while. It's an homage to the "I love NY," instead "hearting" RX. These shirts look pretty striking with a black background and seem pretty popular. The design is already computerized and Adam said that they had a pretty good deal with the shop that printed them last year. It's kind of iconic and students are already familiar with it, so selling them at the event would be a breeze. My question is, "do we the students like this design enough to use it again?"
Do you have any ideas for shirts you think might be as popular?
Here are preliminary graphics that I've looked at online that could be tweaked to our liking.
A) A simple design we could mimic. I thought something like this looks iconic and stands out nicely on a black background.
B) The old time style is fun. We could put the college's name in place of the company's.
C) I really dig the simplicity of this logo. I think it's used mostly in Europe but the snake is sah-weet.
D) Another sort of old-timey logo. Can't go wrong with mortar and pestles.
E) If we could find a spruced up version of the college's logo to put on a shirt it could be really appealing to students, faculty and alumni.

Do any of them stand out?
Any ideas? Suggestions?
11/1/09




Are we just selling t-shirts? Or can we expand to other items. I am thinking of day to day used items like a spatula or tray with the CoP logo. It might work???
ReplyDeleteHow about a pizza cutter? ;)
ReplyDeleteHats with the logo I (heart) RX would be cool too. When I first saw the I (heart) RX shirts I was immediately drawn in and I still really want one. Based of my first impression, I vote we keep it the same.
ReplyDeleteI think we should purchase some of the I heart RX shirts (the file is already made) and make another shirt. It wouldn't be any extra work assuming we use the same back and logos on both shirts. I like the first pic of the pestle morter combo with lines. It gives it a cool modern look to what Ryan described as iconic. Plus I would enjoy it more than the big red heart shirt. We'd have options! I say we start with an order of 25-40 for each. Thoughts?
ReplyDeletePesonally, I'm drawn to the old-timey stuff, but I suppose you kids these days like your modern gadgets.
ReplyDeleteDid the "heart" shirts do well as far as popularity? Students who liked it last year probably already have one, so if it isn't popular among the newer 'clientele,' it may not be popular. I say focus on a new design this year.
The COP did nalgenes a few years back. I wonder what kind of cost was involved...
ReplyDeleteI think the "I heart RX" logo is great. I only recommend changing the big pink heart with a different color. Could the big pink heart change in to a collage of pills and tablets like the album cover?
ReplyDeleteI like the idea of making a tweak to the I heart RX shirt colors/fill. That way the shirts are unique for each year and maintain appeal. Also having two shirt designs provides options if we want to sell them. I suggest we aim to sell shirts as well. We could collect money for shirts through the website or in person and direct them to be picked up in Marion's office. What do you think of that? This may be especially important since our request from ASUU for $500 for T-shirts was not approved (they were overwhelmed with requests!).
ReplyDeleteOhhh. I like Cam's take on the collage of pills for the heart.
ReplyDelete